Track: Pre-Conference Workshops
Facts and measures are the foundation of true understanding, but misuse of metrics is the cause of much confusion. How can we use metrics to manage testing? What metrics can we use to measure the test process? What metrics can we use to measure our progress in testing a project? What do metrics tell us about the quality of the product? In this workshop, Rex will share some things he’s learned about metrics that you can put to work right away, and you’ll work on some practical exercises to develop metrics for your testing. In addition, Rex will walk you through a case study of an actual testing dashboard in use to manage very large, high-risk projects at an RBCS client.
- Understand the relationship between objectives and metrics.
- For a given objective, create one or more metrics and set goals for those metrics.
- Understand the use of metrics for process, project, and product measurement.
- Create metrics to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and stakeholder satisfaction for a test process.
- Create metrics to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and stakeholder satisfaction for a test project.
- Create metrics to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and stakeholder satisfaction for a product being tested.
Please Note: The presentations are intended for attendees only. The presentations page is password protected – contact email@example.com for verification of attendance and the password to access the presentation.
Rex Black – President, RBCS
With a quarter-century of software and systems engineering experience, Rex Black is President of RBCS (www.rbcs-us.com), a leader in software, hardware, and systems testing. As the leader of RBCS, Rex is the most prolific author practicing in the field of software testing today. His popular first book, Managing the Testing Process, has sold over 40,000 copies around the world, including Japanese, Chinese, and Indian releases, and is now in its third edition. He has written over 30 articles, presented hundreds of papers, workshops, and seminars, and given about 50 keynotes and other speeches at conferences and events around the world. Rex is the immediate past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board and of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board.