Track: Performance Testing
The session will familiarize performance test teams on how, why and where performance testing fits within a performance engineering (PE) center of excellence. The presentation is based on the PE practice at BNY Mellon and highlights performance testing as a key ingredient in PE.
Topics will include:
- What does PE consist of?
- How and when is it implemented?
- What are the benefits for applications before and after they move to production?
- What performance testing artifacts are used in helping application and support teams tune applications and their supporting systems?
- How and when PE should be engaged?
- What are the most common engagement issues, and how can they be resolved?
- How can you use your company SDLC lifecycles to leverage and measure demand?
- How can you best use performance scorecards for business metrics?
Please Note: The presentations are intended for attendees only. The presentations page is password protected – contact email@example.com for verification of attendance and the password to access the presentation.
Brian Lynch – V.P. Performance Engineering, BNY Mellon
Brian Lynch has over 20 years professional experience in IT spanning SPI (software process improvement), test automation, performance testing, performance engineering, and quality assurance with a primary focus on implementing process and strategies around automated tools. He has been certified by Mercury Interactive as a tools instructor and by QAI (Quality Assurance Institute) as a CQA and CSTE. Brian holds a Masters degree in Organizational Psychology from Teachers College, Columbia University. Brian currently works at BNY Mellon in New York City and lives in New Paltz, upstate N.Y.